With a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from The University of the Arts, I have over twelve years experience as a graphic designer; ten of those years in the advertising and marketing fields. I specialize in print and online advertising design, marketing design and brand identity.
Throughout those years as a graphic designer, I took an interest in web design and writing HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) code, which are the two core technologies for building websites. It wasn’t until 2011 when I realized I wanted to take my career in a different direction, so I began honing my skill on writing HTML and CSS code.
In September of 2014, I left my job to fulfill a forever dream of having my own design business. Now—by combining my graphic design knowledge with my web design knowledge—I am able to create projects from a much different perspective.
As a consultant and designer, I will provide my expert and professional advice, skills and knowledge in the areas of web design, graphic design, illustration and animation, giving you a much deeper level of product development and marketing management. I have a passion for designing and developing beautiful products.
I’ve had the privilege and honor of working with both small businesses and large companies, and have established a reputation for my innovative designs, concepts and techniques. I have a keen awareness of both modern and traditional cultures and styles in art and design and take pride in my academic background, creative strategy and work ethics.
Owner, September 2014 – Present
- Provide my expert and professional advice, skills and knowledge in the areas of web design, graphic design, illustration and animation
- Work closely with clients to coordinate and develop ideas and strategies for promoting their products
- Develop, design and maintain websites via WordPress
- Design advertising, marketing and branding materials
Marketing Communications Specialist, September 2011 – August 2014
- Lead designer responsible for creating multimedia advertising and marketing materials to promote the company in the region and marketplace
- Developed company website via WordPress to display information on products and services
- Developed company intranet via WordPress for communicating internal news and information
- Developed branch T.V. advertisements and promotions via Flash
- Perform marketing duties as needed
Freelance Graphic Designer, March 2007 – December 2011
- Designed products such as booklets, brochures, direct mail pieces and web banners
- Developed basic Flash animations and basic HTML designs to promote products for clients and personnel
- Worked closely with copywriter to coordinate campaign materials for all advertising and marketing projects
Senior Advertising Designer and Production Artist, July 2004 – October 2010
Senior Advertising Designer and Production Artist, July 2008 – October 2010
Advertising Designer and Production Artist, July 2007 – July 2008
Junior Advertising Designer and Production Artist, April 2005 – July 2007
- Created visually appealing advertisements to attract applicants for healthcare clients
- Designed the layout of all advertisements for print production
- Managed and coordinated weekly schedules for staff graphic designers and production deadlines
- Managed, trained and mentored new and existing employee’s on software and procedures
- Acted as shift manager when needed
Assistant Calendar Production Artist and Healthcare Shop Logo Designer, July 2004 – April 2005
- Assisted the senior production artist in placing advertisements in the job opportunities section of magazines
- Worked closely with the creative director in designing and placing logo’s on customer promotional products for the company’s online Healthcare Shop
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, September 2000 – May 2004
- Concentration: Fine Art
- Minor: Typography
- Activities and Societies: Typography workshop with Matthew Carter, Jonathan Hoefler, Cyrus Highsmith and Tobias Frere-Jones
- Mac OS
- Adobe CS and CC
- HTML and CSS